- A valid, current driver’s license or government ID showing a Linden address
- If you do not possess a current New Jersey driver’s license, you must present two forms of ID, one from each of the following categories:
- Utility Bill (phone, gas, electric)
- Payroll Stub
- Bank Account Statement
- Property Tax Bill
- Rental Lease (showing your name and a Linden address)
- Social Security card
- Voter Registration Card
- Senior ID
- Current Driver’s License with out-of-town address
CHILDREN & YOUNG ADULTS (PRE-SCHOOL – AGE 17)
To obtain a Linden Library card for children and young adults:
- A parent or legal guardian (with proof of guardianship) must accompany the child in order to sign both the application and the library card, and also be present for renewals every two years. They must also decide whether or not to approve Internet usage.
- Proof of Linden residency must be presented before the card can be issued.
Media items must be returned with all cover art, booklets, inserts, and/or liner notes they contained when they were borrowed.
Patrons are responsible for all damaged and lost materials.
LOANS & RENEWALS
Certain adult media items such as DVDs and Audiobooks can only be checked out to patrons who are 18 years or older.
Patrons may renew their materials online by heading over to the “My Account” portal.
Summer reading books and items with holds may not be renewed.
|New Books||14 Days||7 Days|
|Adult Books||28 Days||14 Days|
|Juvenile Books||28 Days||14 Days|
|Summer Reading Materials Mid Sept.-Mid June||28 Days||14 Days|
|Summer Reading Materials Mid June-Mid Sept.||14 Days||No Renewals|
|Adult Audiobooks (Cassettes & CDs)||28 Days||14 Days|
|Juvenile Audiobooks||28 Days||14 Days|
|DVDs||7 Days||1 Day|
|DVDs (Non-Fiction and full season tv series)||7 Days||3 Day|
|CDs||7 Days||7 Days|
FINES & FEES
|MATERIAL||DAILY FINES||MAXIMUM FINE|
|Summer Reading Materials Nov-May||$0.10||$10.00|
|Summer Reading Materials Jun-Oct||$0.25||$10.00|
|Fax Transmission Services||$1.75 (First Page) & $1.00 (Each Additional Page)|
|Incomplete Media Items **||Designated Replacement Cost|
** “Incomplete Media Items” includes DVDs, CDs and CD-Roms returned without cover art, liner notes, booklets, and/or accessories.
Summer Reading Books
To ensure that everyone has a chance to access the Summer Reading Collection, the following special rules will apply:
- 14 day loan period during May-Oct; no renewals
- Only 2 Children’s books (Grades 2-5), 1 middle school (Grades 6-8), and 1 High School Book (Grades 9-12) may be checked out on an individual library card at one time.
- No reserves allowed
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mayor Derek Armstead
Alternate to Mayor
Dr. Marnie Hazelton
Trustee #2 (Superintendent of Schools)
Alternate to Superintendent
2022 Vice President
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Monday: 9am - 9pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 9pm
- Thursday: 9am - 5pm
- Friday: 9:30am - 5pm
- Saturday: 9am - 5pm
- Sunday: Closed
Linden Free Public Library
31 East Henry Street
Linden, NJ 07036
Tel: (908) 298.3830