- Axis360– Provides access to popular and bestselling ebooks and eaudiobooks.
- eLibrary NJ– A downloadable digital media collection provided by libraries in central New Jersey.
- Freading – An ebook platform used by libraries around the globe. Cardholders can browse and borrow from Freading’s vast selection of ebooks from leading publishers in every genre and in 29 languages.
- Freegal® Music– Offers access to about 15 million songs, including Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists, and over 40,000 music videos. In total the collection is comprised of music from over 40,000 labels with music that originates in over 100 countries.
- Hoopla- Instantly borrow digital movies, music, eBooks and more, 24/7 with your library card.
- DigiFind-It– Online digital collection of Linden Public Library’s Historical Newspapers, Books, and Yearbooks.
- Heritage Hub- Explore your family history with the premier collection of U.S. obituaries and death notices for in-depth genealogical research from 1704 – today.
- My Heritage Library Edition- Includes billions of historical documents from more than 48 countries, millions of historical photos, public records, indexes and additional resources.
- Brainfuse Helpnow- Get free online tutoring with your library card.
- Artfilms Digital- Masterclasses, documentaries, interviews, content that can entertain, educate and inform: Artfilms streams thousands of videos from top artists and producers.
- Got Resume Builder – A resume building app that provides assisted resume writing, customizable templates, and sample resumes to help you in your job search. The program allows you to create, manage, and share multiple resumes completely free through our library link.
- Learning Express Library -Whatever your goal, LearningExpress Library’s resources will help you succeed. Each of our Learning Centers offers the practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and information you need to achieve the results you want – at school, at work, or in life.
- Mango Languages– Learn real-life conversations with native-speaker audio and cultural context so that you can speak like a local. Also included are ESL classes. Download the mobile app or access from your computer.
- Universal Class– The place to continue your education online and fulfill all your lifelong learning goals.
Got a hobby you’d like to nurture? Looking for a new activity to pass the time? Our library provides free access to Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center, a database from EBSCO containing thousands of articles from top hobby and craft magazines and books as well as recipes, “how-to” videos and hobby profiles.
Home Improvement Reference Center offers full-text content from leading home improvement magazines and reference books, plus a collection of images not found anywhere else online. Patrons can quickly find the information they need by conducting keyword searches or browsing projects by category.
- Black Life in America– The experience and impact of African Americans as recorded by the news media.
- EBSCO host– the leading provider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, and ebooks.
- Hispanic Life in America – Comprehensive coverage of the Hispanic American experience from earliest times to today. Sourced from nearly 17,500 American and global newspapers, including almost 450 Hispanic American newspapers. Provides full-text searching as well as access to content by Topic, Event, and Eras in Hispanic American History. Updated daily.
- Jersey Clicks– JerseyClicks is New Jersey’s statewide portal that features federated searching of the statewide full-text databases offered by the New Jersey State Library, the New Jersey Network, and funds from the Library Services and Technology Act.
- JSTOR– A digital library for the intellectually curious. To get access log in with username LindenPL and password Patron07036
- Newark Star Ledger- Get the latest New Jersey news from Newark-based Star-Ledger, NJ’s largest online newspaper. Get business, sports, entertainment news, view videos, photos.
- World Book Online– An engaging, verified, and trustworthy digital resource for grades pre-K through high school.
- ConsumerReports.org– Compare price, performance, and reliability all in one place with expert reviews.
- Legal Information Reference Center – Legal Information Reference Center is an online database designed to assist the general public in legal matters of all kinds. It includes exclusive full text for many top consumer legal reference books, as well as thousands of legal forms. Navigate legal matters of all kinds with reliable “how-to” information and thousands of federal, multi-state and state-specific legal forms.
- Small Business Reference Center- Offers exclusive full text for many top consumer small business reference books, as well as tools to address many small business topics.
- Weiss Financial Ratings – The Financial Ratings Series Online provides immediate access to the Weiss’ Independent and Unbiased Ratings for: Life, Annuity, Property & Casualty Insurers, HMOs & Health Insurers, Banks, Credit Unions, Stocks, Exchange-Traded Funds, Stock Mutual Funds, Bond & Money Market Mutual Funds, Medicare Supplement Insurance Pricing tool, Financial Planning Tools, and Financial Literacy Skill-Building Tools too.
- ABC-CLIO Health and Wellness Issues – Health and Wellness Issues by ABC-CLIO enables students to better understand the health and wellness issues affecting them, their peers, and our greater society through a multitude of authoritative reference entries and expert perspective essays.
- Alt HealthWatch– a full-text alternative health research database focused on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. It offers the latest information about the evolving practice of holistic medicine and therapies.
- Consumer Health Complete– The most comprehensive database for consumer-oriented health content, Consumer Health Complete is designed to help users gain an overall understanding of key topics across the health and wellness spectrum — from mainstream medicine to complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
- Salud en Espanol– This database provides topic-specific reports covering all aspects of health and wellness, including overviews of diseases, conditions, procedures and treatments. Salud en Español is the one-stop resource for evidence-based reports and fact sheets in the Spanish language./ Esta base de datos proporciona informes sobre temas específicos que cubren todos los aspectos de la salud y el bienestar, incluidos resúmenes de enfermedades, afecciones, procedimientos y tratamientos. Salud en Español es el recurso integral para informes basados en evidencia y hojas informativas en español.
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information is a trusted source and recognized standard for patient drug information. It is published by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and is updated monthly.
- Health Source – Consumer Edition– This rich collection of consumer health information provides access to full-text consumer health magazines and reference books. It also includes searchable full text for current health pamphlets.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition– A trusted full-text database covering nursing and allied health topics, including pediatric nursing, critical care, mental health, nursing management, medical law and more.
- Jersey Cat- New Jersey’s statewide virtual catalog and interlibrary loan system. It is provided to all libraries within the State of New Jersey by the New Jersey State Library and the Regional Library Cooperatives.
- NJ State Library- Biblioboard– Connecting people with information through libraries.
- Referencia Latina– Esta base de datos de texto completo en español cubre una amplia gama de temas dentro y fuera de la academia. // This full-text Spanish-language database covers a broad array of subjects inside and outside academia.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mayor Derek Armstead
Alternate to Mayor
Dr. Marnie Hazelton
Trustee #2 (Superintendent of Schools)
Alternate to Superintendent
2022 Vice President
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Monday: 9am - 9pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 9pm
- Thursday: 9am - 5pm
- Friday: 9:30am - 5pm
- Saturday: 9am - 5pm
- Sunday: Closed
Linden Free Public Library
31 East Henry Street
Linden, NJ 07036
Tel: (908) 298.3830